Buy and Sell Domain Names Fast
There are a lot of people claiming that it is very easy to buy and flip domain names. They are partly right. Flipping domains can be very lucrative if you know what you are doing. Unfortunately most people go about it the wrong way.
Not every domain is valuable. Just because you think that a domain sounds cool does not mean that it will be worth something to someone else.
You need to think of this kind of online real estate as an investment. So before you buy it, with the intention of flipping, you need to determine how much it could potentially be worth.
Do not make the mistake, that most people do, and buy hundreds of domains. Start with a few really good ones and get the hang of the process and actually make money before investing in more.
What Makes a Domain Name Valuable?
So how do you determine value?
- Always go for .com domains. These are the most valuable.
- The shorter the domain the better.
- Look for domains in an industry that is already lucrative. For example, plumbers make a lot of money per customer and can afford to spend more on a domain than a starving artist.
- Look for city or state domains in a high ticket industry. Ex. TampaPlumbers.com These can often be flipped for fast cash. You probably won't make thousands but you may be able to get $100-$250.
- Look for aged domains with a high Domain authority when possible. These domains are seen as more valuable.
- Check into the domains past on archive.org. Type in the domain on this site and look to see if there were any sites built on it in the past. If you see that the site had a foreign language on it, you may want to move on. These sites are often used as spam sites with penalties, making them far less valuable.
- Make sure that the domain is not trademarked by someone else before you buy it. For example, never choose a domain with an existing company name in it like Disney, Ford, etc…
How Much to Sell a Domain For?
This depends on many factors, as stated above. The shorter the domain with the higher DA the better. Occasionally you may get lucky and someone may want a brandable domain. This is a name that they want to use for their company because it is unique. Ex. Google.com This was a short, unusual name that they wanted for the name of their company. They may be willing to spend more simply because they really want the name.
What Can You Do to Make Your Domain More Valuable?
If you are willing to put in a bit of work, you can increase the value of your domain by actually building a site on it and driving some traffic. Now the buyer is buying not just a domain but a full asset. If you can prove that the site actually produced revenue then the value goes even higher. Now, we are talking about the possibility of selling the site for thousands or more.
Want to find valuable domains in seconds? Check out this domain flipping system